-Mobile continuation from Xanga blog PinkyGuerrero at PinkyGuerrero, Pinky, this blog is Janika, ongoing continuation at blogs Basically Clueless & PinkFeldspar, in that order.
-Most of the graphics and vids click to sources.
-Personal blog for Janika Banks.
 photo README2.gif

Translate

Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

flying past...

click pic to see more amusement park history and information

Some of the girls in kiddo's pre-K have made a rousing rhythmic playground chant out of the words one of their moms apparently blurted in disgust- Oh. my. GAWD. Look. at-her. BUTT! And this is delightfully chanted over and over until I'm ready for God to tap that mom on the shoulder and ask if she took her forgiveness pills today. You know, the multi kind that absolves others of public ridicule and humiliation by bringing up cognizant awareness of the consequences of our behaviors in front of children, and pre-cancels the damage of teaching poor behaviors to the next gen.

Judgementalism- The gift that keeps on giving.

This is why we can't have nice things, guys.

Kiddo is old enough now for a simple point system to make a big impact on behavior. Want a reward? Rack up points. One point if you buckle yourself in like a big kid. Another point for packing everything dragged out back into the backpack before we get home. Another point for putting dropped school clothes into the hamper. And so on. I took it another step and set out a $12 one gallon fish tank, still in the box. Buncha points later, we might go get a fish. Good habits becoming automatic, filled with fun and excitement! Wheeee. Don't worry, I'll make sure the point to satisfaction ratio balances out while I eek out all the new good behaviors I can. Kid time goes by like *zap* high speed, so at best, I've got a week (at best) to make this work with super hyper brilliance a-blaze, Calvin and Hobbes style. I'd like to thank the creators of "Meet the Robinsons" for the "You mean you LIED to me?" look of drop jaw baby meh I've ever seen in real life by an up and coming actress in the house. Stop modeling sarcasm and disgust for children. 😠 We went through three days  of me being called a liar in a variety of creative ways, and I finally heard the original lines in the movie as I walked through the room. Yes, I did sit and watch it. It's the tiny child version of Hot Tub Time Machine. To use a very bad word in this house, it's stupid.

My gynecologist has that two-week head cold now. I guess all her circles have warned her about the dragging out into a whole month thing with the extra goodies, like the way my ear stayed plugged solid. Sounds like everyone in town is suffering nearly identically. I told her about the sudden super dizzy spell that wound up sending me to MRI to rule out TIA (all good), so whatever that cold virus is, it's weaponized for long-lasting misery deluxe, and expensive to slog through. She has my condolences.

Meanwhile, I'm back to back doctor visiting getting a pileup of stuff outa my way, like the shoulder shot, eye exam (new glasses coming!), tomorrow I see podiatrist for minimal advice, and hopefully my last follow up over that dumb cold. My ear still won't pop. Wonder if I'll be referred to ENT.

Spring is looking pretty. The super cold snapback got us a bit cranky over the weekend, but hopefully that's the last one.

I am in the middle of 6 writing projects. I finally just took most of the winter off so the interruptions would stop being interruptions. Life has been feeling like we're all bits of lettuce in a salad spinner, and about the time you think that's over, it's the salad shooter and we all go flying again. I haven't been this nonstop drop and run... ever?  Sure feels like it, anyway.

The back of my mind nags away...